Tuesday, January 10, 2012

But what about the children ..

I love my book so far. Though there are things that make me think hard about how others felt after 9/11. My book is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer . In the book of noticed among other things that the words Extremely, and Incredibly are used a lot . But in this blog post I want to talk about how much i feel for the people of 9/11 and how the author does a great job at getting this message across.

When we think back on 9/11 . Yes,we think tragedy, lost, government, and occasionally think about the families that have lost there loved ones, but do we think about  the children and what they could be going through now after all this has happened . In the book, reading how close this little boy is with his father and then losing his father just like that , is heart breaking . I know that hearing the fact that my dead was suppose to be doing construction work there in that building that day but didn't go, makes me relieved that i still have my father . I thank god for it . I feel for Oskar . The sad part about it is , Oskar is only 9. imaging kids who are like 9 months, whos fathers died that day . They won't even remember their father when they get older . That's sad and it makes me glad to still have mine .

I hope that people who read this book feel the way i feel while reading it . Reading about how Oskar is feeling . He say;s the worst day when referring to 9/11 . He says in the book "When dad was tucking me in that night before the worst day .. " This shows me that he is hurting , he's said . I can also see that he really does have the mentality of a 9 yr old boy . I couldn't imagine going through something like that , especially not at that age. I think Oskar is one hell of a strong 9 yr old boy that lots of people can learn from . 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this a movie now. If it is you should see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the point you brought up about what we think of about 9/11 is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete